POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : But *how* to do the constant energy solution for particle physics? : Re: But *how* to do the constant energy solution for particle physics? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:14:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: But *how* to do the constant energy solution for particle physics?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 29 Feb 2004 00:30:30
Message: <404178f6$1@news.povray.org>
Okay cool.

Here's a question related to my ability to detect a "failed model".

Take a "sun".
Take any mass and throw it in any direction not exactly at its center at any
velocity.

If the mass doesn't sink into the sun,  will it:

i)  undertake an "orbit"  "right there" in the sense that it will undertake
an elliptical orbit which intersects that point of release,
OR
ii) will a particle "destined" for a stable orbit sometimes "drift" out
towards the radius of its stable orbit.

I'm ultimately trying to interpret my :
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/<3A65E429.18F2DC62@my-dejanews.com>/?ttop=184334&toff=4400

If I had  been much, much more patient, might some of those orbits which
looked like they were decaying be just wandering off to something "close
enough" to their own stable orbit?